Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, December 09, 2005

We're okay

Thank you to everyone showing concern. I have been so busy lately trying to get ready for our trip and doing our Christmas at home early, that I haven't had time to blog. Hubby and I are doing ok, maybe even fine. The stress has passed, we have talked, and we have been doing quite well. Both of us realize that we have many things to work on, including the ongoing need to communicate better. When you hear people in the middle of divorce say that they found themselves not communicating anymore, it is SOOO true. I can so relate now. I always used to think, "Why can you not just talk to each other?" It seems so simple. I find myself wanting to hold back and not talk about heavy, important stuff because I don't want to start him down that wrong path downwards. It always ends up doing the opposite. I try to hold things in, it builds up, and then I end up snipping at him over the stupidest things. He tells me over and over that I need to let him know when things are bothering me. I know I need to do this and I will try to improve. We talked about alot of issues that we really needed to. The tension has lifted and I'm so glad. I did not want to go on a trip and have things weird between us.

It turns out the day after the kids and I get back, hubby will be flying to the same direction that we just came from. He has to go for a deposition regarding a court case he was involved in before we moved. It is a paid trip for him, but he will only be there for one day and then fly back home. We will have to make good time of the one night we'll have before he leaves. We've already been making plans.

It's snowing here again! We are supposed to get 4-6 inches tonight. The kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow. They went outside tonight at 9pm and were sledding down our hill right outside the house. Jesse comes running in the house saying that Bobby hurt his hip and needed help. Hubby and I run out and see what's up. We had to help him walk back to the house. Luckily nothing was broke. He might be sore in the morning, but at least we didn't end up in the hospital tonight. I was picturing us trying to manuever through Chicago O'Hare with him on crutches. Avoided that one at least. After we got him inside the house, I realized, hey they were out there sledding at 9pm on a school night. Everybody to bed NOW!

We adopted a family for Christmas. Hubby's office adopted a family through a local organization. His office has quite a few employees and so he figured that they would get more than enough donations of toys, gift certificates, and food. So we decided to adopt our own family. We included our kids in the shopping process. We figured it was a good learning experience for them. Instead of it all being me, me, me. And I had a lot of fun too. We ended up getting a family with a single mother and her 3 kids(14,13,and 6). It was not easy trying to choose clothes and gifts for the teens, but we included the gift receipt if they need it. It definitely feels better to give than to receive.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    i'm glad everything with the hubby is ok. Sounds like Christmas will be a lot better for you after all.

    As for adopting a family for Christmas I hope to one day be in the position where I can do that too.

    Christmas as always been ruined for me I'd like to make sure no one else's has to be.

    mt

     
  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger Brie said...

    I'm really glad that everything is better now. I know that must be nice. I hope it continues. Just try talking to him. He is your husband.Good luck, and way too go on adopting a family. We would, but mum has a hard enough time trying to feed us and pay our bills. I'm glad for you though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home