Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Barbie.......what a hot chic

Here are some thoughts on my mind:

I have a pet peeve about those little smiley faces that are inserted into the sentence to express some sort of sentiment. I don't have anything personal against people that use them, I just am determined to not use them myself. A lot of the stuff I write, especially comments on other's blogs, is sarcastic. I often wonder if people will take it the wrong way, but I do not want to insert a computerized face(or whatever they're called) to express the mood. I feel like if I start, I won't be able to stop without it becoming invasive. I also think the lol, roflmao, lmwmitn(try to figure that one out!) are way over used. Sometimes I wish people would just write what they're trying to say. It's like reading the classifieds and not being able to decipher what in the heck the person is even advertising.

On to the next subject.

I do not cuss, curse, swear. Any of the above. Once, when I was a kid, I answered the phone and it was a crank caller. He said some dirty words to me and I hung up the phone. My face was flushed, my heart began to race. I didn't know what to do. My mom saw I was acting strange and asked who was on the phone. I said it was the wrong number. She knew there was something else to it. I said that the man said some bad words. She asked what. I would NOT tell her. She said I could write it down. I didn't even want to do that. I thought it was just as bad as saying them. She eventually pushed me hard enough to do it. I felt like a bad girl. I still feel the same today, at 33 years old. Side note: My parents occasionally cuss, not all the time. They never made a big deal about this issue. I don't know where this stems from. I know, I'm weird. I imagine one of these days I'll just let someone have it. Say every word in the freakin'(insert the correct Fword here) book. Exactly what "book" is it....the dictionary. There are some pretty good words in that book.

I was reminded of this from Aimee. When I was little(not anymore, thankfully) I used to make my barbies have sex. Then I would have the urge to go to the bathroom. Didn't do anything in there but go pee. I know, I'm weird. Anyone else have some good barbie stories? Oh yeah, I used to rub(get your mind out of the gutters) my brother's GI Joe's head(again, mind OUT of the gutter). He had that fuzzy, stubbly shaved head and I always liked the feel of it. I never did get him away from my brother long enough for him to have fun with Barbie. Ken, boy was he lucky. And skipper with her no boobs. Barbie must have been Bi. Never really thought of that before now. Again, I'm weird.

As Paul Harvey would say, "Good Day!"

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM , Blogger Brie said...

    Barbie was most definetly bi.And Ken was one lucky guy.One of my friends (a boy) always wanted to play barbie because of that. Hids head was in the gutter. But it was funny to watch.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home