Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Blackout and report cards (not related)

A really weird thing happened today. Hubby decided to come home for lunch today. Not to eat, but to have some fun in the bedroom. That's not the weird part. We had been planning on having a "lunch" date for a while. Since I'm not working, the kid's are in school, and we have recently discovered each other again. So he gets this really weird look on his face and said he just about blacked out. Now I know I'm pretty good in the sack, but I never expected to be the cause of someone passing out.

When he got home from work this evening another of his famous migraines had taken hold of him. These are the type where he has to take really strong meds. and have lots of quiet and complete darkness. He basically is done for the day. So I was on my own tonight with the kids.

We went to Bobby's school to pick up his report card. His science teacher was the one handing them out. Perfect. I was able to talk to her about his not so pleasing grade in her class. She was very nice, upbeat, helpful about the situation. It is very disheartening for both hubby and I. His first "F". He basically avoided doing a few of the projects and assignments. So I guess now we have to crack the whip. We figured we would give him a chance to prove himself, now being a big seventh grader this year. I think he is doing quite well considering all of the major changes this past year. But "F"s are not acceptable. It means you are not even putting in the effort. The suprising part for us is that he loves science. That is the one class that he talks about at home. He just doesn't want to do the work or is just overwhelmed. He said "but I have 7 classes" and started to get watery eyes. "I need to go use the bathroom". I guess it would be quite embarrassing for a boy that age to be spotted getting emotional in public. Yeah, the beginning of puberty! Wish us well, we are gonna need it.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM , Blogger isabel said...

    good luck!

    I'm sure it'll work out :-)

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    I hope you're right. It is just stressful as a parent...we feel so responsible for our children's success and it always seems like it is a direct reflection of our parenting skills. So, in effect, I feel like I've received an "F" in my effort of keeping track of his education.

     
  • At 2:33 AM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    oh Roxanne,

    That would be very stressful as a parent. I hope it all works out too.

    And as for the passing out thing... been there done that, except I was the one that blacked out!

    Scared the crap outta him too... lol

    mt

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home