Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, November 14, 2005

It's the end of the world!

Not really, just a cheesy made for t.v. movie that hubby insists wasting another 2 hours watching right now. Of course I am involving myself, but only halfway watching while surfing the net. Category 7, yeah right. The graphics are so bad. Last sunday they showed 2 park rangers standing at the top of Mount Rushmore and then the face of George Washington just sort of fell off breaking into little bits of rock. Then the sphinx fell and broke into pieces. Pretty bad.

I am making progress on getting myself back to work. I finished painting the basement floor this weekend and now will be able to start setting up all of my daycare things in the basement. Yeah!

We might be going on a little trip over Thanksgiving weekend. We will probably do a small and quiet(from what we're used to) dinner on thursday. Then we are thinking of driving to Cincinnati where hubby's mom's best friend lives. She is more like family, of which hubby has none. He was an only child adopted by his mom(she was never married), his grandpa died when he was six, and his adopted mom was an only child so he had no aunts, uncles or cousins. So his mom's best friend was/is more like an aunt to him. I was happy to hear that he wants to go see her as I think it will be a good thing to lift our spirits. Since I have been missing my family so much, it should be a really good thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    wow, he has access to the real thing and he prefers to look and not touch? you need to take him to a hotel during a weekend and "give him the ride of his life" so to speak >_>
    he needs a kick into reality lol

     
  • At 10:26 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    It's not that he doesn't take advantage of the real thing. That actually is happening on a regular basis now. I just don't understand the whole oogling over pictures of women whom you have no chance of ever meeting,etc.

    roxanne

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home