Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Wierd Dream

This is a small portion of a dream I had last night:

I'm in a Taco Bell trying to order some food to bring home to the family. It seems that I am in NYC because outside there are extremely large buildings everywhere I turn and inside the place is suddenly filled with police officers and firemen talking of 9-11 activity (as if they are currently happening). The building is literally packed with all of these men towering above me (and I'm not short at 5' 9 1/2"). There was A LOT of testosterone flowing in there. I turn my head around and notice that Christopher Reeve is right beside me beginning to give some sort of speech to the crowd. He then stands up out of his chair and begins to kick his legs up in the air doing some sort of River Dance moves. As he's doing this, I am thinking that this cannot be real. It is some sort of special effects. That's when I notice Tom Cruise eyeing this special effect with great admiration.

I finally make my way over to the counter to place my order. The lady at the counter listens to my requests, smiling politely, but not pressing any buttons on the register. She fills a bag with a bunch of pastries and says, "Have a great day!" I tell her that this is not what I ordered. She said, "Don't you know who I am?" "Ummmmm, no." Apparently she was a famous singer years ago that knows a friend of mine that just recently married (I actually do have a friend that just recently married). She started talking with me about my friend and I was thinking, "is this lady gonna get me my food or what?"

I woke up before Christopher Reeve was done with his River Dance.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz-I think that may have something to do with a few blogs that I read: the infamous Kenny, Keith, and Colin. They're all great guys and all quads. That's my guess of where that one came from since I haven't watched the new Superman movie.

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    that's a riot. did tom cruise jump up and down on the couch, cheering for christopher reeve? ;)

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- Heeheehee! No, he was just calmly standing by as if almost in a trance. I think he was so amazed by the special fx due to his rock climbing stunt in MI 2 (that's the only MI I've seen). Quick sidenote: when hubby and I were standing in line for MI 2, the lady behind us called it "M one two". So now of course that's what we call the MI movies....M one, M one two, M one three.

     
  • At 5:03 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I was going to guess that the Chris Reeve thing had something to do with the new Superman movie. Other than that... heck if I know! lol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home