Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Got to talk to Grandma Donna last night for the first time since her visit. It was nice. She said that she was really, really glad for the fact that I was here during her visit (something I had been nervous about...the whole stepping on toes thing), admitting that it would probably have been much more stressful had I not been here to smooth things over from time to time. Plus, she told me how lucky Ron is to have me, since I'm such a wonderful person. All I could say was, "Thanks."

She is planning on driving down to CA when the kids are there this summer. My family is excited to meet her and the kids will be happy to see her again also. I wish I could go. :( But Ron and I may have a fun trip in the works for ourselves while the kids are gone. If we can get cheap enough airfare (and if I can convince Ron that hordes of people will not make him go crazy), we just may be going to NYC (yippee...I've never been). Will keep posted.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I went to see Music and Lyrics and Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls at the $1 theater this past week. I love Drew Berrymore. I think I aspire to be her. I wish I could be all carefree and la-ti-da all the time. She's got that look about her where no matter what she wears, she looks good. And that crooked, sweet yet naughty smile. So, either I want to be her or I want to do her.

Daddy's Little Girls was pretty good. It inspired a weird dream that I had last night (oh no, here she's goes with the dreams again). I was with my family (mom, sister, and I'm not sure who else). We were out on the town when I ran into Bearette and Liz. My mom and sister asked how I knew these "friends". When I told them, they shunned me questioning how I could claim to be friends with anybody from the internet. Oh the shame!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We had a tree company do an estimate for some work on our property. It was actually the place that one of my daycare dads works for. We had been talking for quite some time about needing to have a couple of dead/almost dead trees taken down and a bunch of the trees have huge dead branches precariously balanced just waiting to fall on somebody's head. The estimate: 3 full days of work x 3 men= $3700. All of a sudden our plan has changed. Ron is going to attempt to be a manly man and take down the two trees himself (which are near our three car garage). We joked that I need to have the video camera rolling so when the big daddy tree (it's huge, I'll take pictures so y'all can see) goes through the roof of the garage, we can then send it to America's Funniest Home Videos in hopes of making some money to repair said garage. Should be fun! Also, when tree guy dad shows up and sees either A) the successfully fallen trees, or B) the gaping hole in the roof of the garage, he'll either say A) Oh, I see you took them down yourself, or B) Oooooh, I see you took them down yourself. (add in the extra inflection yourselves)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

While looking through one of my knitting books, I found a pattern that's named "Bare that Belly". I commented out loud that I guess I wouldn't be making that sweater. I got this lovely and unexpected response.

"Well, if we ever win the lottery you can get that fixed. Then you could wear a bikini if you wanted to."

That is the post baby stretch marks/flab.

1) I don't ever plan on going under the knife to attempt to make myself feel better about my body or to make my body look better for someone else.

2) Even though I may have to hide the evidence of giving birth to two babies so people don't get grossed out on the street, I would hope that I'm not grossing out anybody in my own bedroom.

3) I don't need to be fixed (how many women can honestly say that?).

Thank you and goodnight.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    NYC...yay! Maybe we could have brunch or something.

    I think I have that same knitting book! It says you can add a few inches before you get to the V-neck if "you're of a more modest persuasion." That's what I plan on doing :)

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    If your family shuns you for having crazy internet friends... well, we'll shun them right back with you!! Or maybe understand when you decide to be with your family. LOL

    And dang right you don't need to be fixed!!

     
  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- I was thinking the same thing. Of course, we'd have to let you pick the spot since you're the local expert. :)

    I checked that book out at the library after you mentioned it. I'm going to attempt two of the hats, including the one that you made. They look pretty easy to me.

    Suzy- I'm glad you agree. :)

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Were Bearette and I looking fine? We were probably out dancing to Madonna. Hopefully I wasn't too drunk. ;)

     
  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Liz - Hee!

    Rox - Yeah, I like both their books - Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits & Yarn Girls' Guide to Beyond the Basics. The cable hat was from the second one.

    The doughnut place is probably a good bet. (They also have pancakes, eggs, everything else...)

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I just remembered...the Gilbert family hat is from the second book too. I haven't actually made anything from the first book yet. Hmmm.

     
  • At 11:42 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    I'd do Drew Barrymore. LOL

    And I'd also go under the knife to get rid of this 3 kid pouch. I hate it.

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Caro- Hmmmm, maybe a threesome? Hee!

    As much as I don't like the pouch, I wouldn't ever want surgery. Now if I could just get myself to do tons of sit-ups every day. Yeah right.

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger anne said...

    Yay on you! No, you do not need to be fixed. No, no, no.

    I'm working on feeling that way about myself. I wouldn't go under the knife either, but I'm still a long way from being happy with my body. I'm getting there, though. Thank you for the inspiration!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home