Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Things I've Learned Lately

.....and some things I already knew but were just reminded of.


Sometimes not talking things out can be better than beating a dead horse.

I like to socialize in small groups of people rather than one on one.

Yellow honeydew is THE BEST kind of honeydew ever.

Planning vacations and weekend excursions can be a great distraction.

Computers still baffle me. What's up with my profile picture again?

A seemingly insignificant conversation with a stranger can become obviously significant.

I'm still a firm believer that everything happens for a reason without it meaning that it's God's will.

Sometimes I need to just take a chill pill and stop being so critical of the people closest to me. (Duh)

I will do anything for my family.

I'm so proud of my kids' accomplishments.

Sometimes I feel like an outsider in my own home, but I can live with that.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    It seems like sometimes my life is easier because I keep my mouth shut more.

    (Your not beating a dead horse statement made me think of that.)

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I'm often guilty of #1. Wouldn't it be nice if there were some kind of signal, "Moving into dead horse territory?" ;)

    I *want* everything to be happening for a reason, but I'm not sure.

     
  • At 11:14 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    What is honeydew? A drink?

     
  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Stu- Maybe they call them "casaba" melons in your neck of the woods? I would hope that the Brits are not deprived of the honeydew/casaba. Delish!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home