Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bobbles (aka: Nipples)

I've been working like a mad woman to crochet a few examples of items that I may want to sell on my new up and coming site, "Fuzzy and Warm". Then a few days ago, I get the crazy idea that I'm going to crochet an afghan for my mom for Mother's Day. No problem. Except that this particular pattern takes FO. EVA.

The pattern is called Shades of Blue. It has a very weird and disturbing "bobble" stitch throughout. I'll definitely take pictures before I send it off (that is, if I ever finish). The bobbles are protrusions that remind me of nipples (yes, I'm making an afghan for my mom with literally hundreds of blue nipples). I'm not going to mention this to mom though.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Hehe...they do look like nipples. I've seen them in knitting patterns. I'm sure it won't cross her mind though ;)

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    It wont cross her mind... unless she finds your blog and reads it :p

     
  • At 1:03 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Something to keep her nipples warm now after you abused them when you were a baby? LOL

     
  • At 9:54 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    Now you've got me thinking of Smurfs.

    And I took your suggestion and there is a naming contest.

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very wise of you not to tell mom that she's getting a nipple blanket.

    What about calling the site Warm Fuzzies? :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home