Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I won't send this but I wish I could

Note to daycare parents:

I'm not a confrontational person. In fact, I avoid it at all costs. Therefore, please do not put me in the middle of divorces or any such dispute that exists in your relationships outside of my home. Please do not try to get out of paying me on time (or at all) and causing me to confront the other parent only to be told "She's the one not paying you."

I absolutely hate that part of my job. If I could afford to hire someone to take care of all the paperwork and billing junk, I would. It makes my day much less stressful when parents show up with their check or cash on time and I can concentrate on the important stuff. Paint, playdough, outside time, naps, snack, cuddles, helping friends to hug and make-up, and belly laughs.

Thank you for your understanding,

Your loving daycare provider

6 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Reading this, I had an interesting idea. I think Jesse would be great at the administrative stuff. But I guess kids can't work ;)

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    What a great idea! Hey, I already put her to work fetching things for me. I'll just have her threaten to kick people in the nuts if they don't pay (that's one of her famous everyday threats if someone doesn't do what she wants.)

     
  • At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's exactly what I was thinking! Get Jesse to kick them in the nuts!

    Now I'm going to die laughing...

     
  • At 12:31 AM , Blogger Caro said...

    If the parents are fighting that badly, they probably do it in front of the kid too. Poor thing.

    Do you have a policy where people pay a late fee if they pay late? They'd probably try to weasel out of that too, huh?

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- :)

    Caro- It's not that they're FIGHTING fighting, but just that all too common he said she said, he did she did. I guess the kids get in the middle of that too even if the parents think not.

    I do have a late policy but I usually let them slide if they are within the week of when it's due. Although I think I'm gonna have to start cracking down on them. After all, I have bills to pay too. And some people forget that they always get their paycheck on time, so should I.

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

    Oh, I would hate that too. I always pay our daycare providers! Every week! They don't have to ask me for the money or anything. Of course, my ex doesn't pay any of it, so that's why there are no problems. If he had to pay half, they would not get their money.

    I wish I had an idea for you about how to deal with it, but I am no help, sorry!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home