Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, May 14, 2007

This Mom is Very Thankful

Mother's Day was wonderful. My day started off with breakfast in bed. Oh yeah. The kids and Ron managed to make me feel very special and loved and, get this, the kids didn't complain too awful much when I made them go for a bike ride. We went to one of the local parks where they have a partially paved/partially gravel trail. The weather was perfect and even though it was pretty crowded, it was really enjoyable. I may just have a new activity for my Friday mornings that I don't work. And if I manage it well I can get a bike ride in AND make it to a $1 movie. Score!

Not only did I get the 2 CD set of Hall and Oates Greatest, but (BUT!) I got some very beautiful flowers. And they're not the kind that die after a few days. I get to plant these in the ground and enjoy them for more than one season. To top it all off........drum roll.......I got a freaking apple tree! I'm so stoked. Yep, I just used the word stoked. It will be so fun to see how it grows each year. I wonder how long it will be til we get to eat some yummy Braeburns.

I almost forgot, I also received a very lovely personally made e-card. Not one of those cheesy premade ones either. The sender? My new mom-in-law. :)

8 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    It sounds like you had a very good day :)

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Sounds great. Hall & Oates...I love it. Why would the kids complain about a bike ride??

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love that you got an apple tree! And Braeburn-- yum.

     
  • At 11:48 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    That sounds like such a great Mother's Day! We had an apple tree in the backyard when I was a kid and I loved it. So I hope you - and your kids - enjoy yours as well! :)

     
  • At 12:23 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Stu- Yes, it was very nice. :)

    Bearette- I listened to the first CD today with the kids. One of the girls starts dancing, shaking her butt....and then turns around and slaps it. I could NOT stop laughing!

    And by "kids" I should have been more specific and said "my teenage son who thinks we're evil for kicking him out of the basement and off the video games for some fresh air".

    Liz- I know, I can't wait!

    Suzy- Isn't it great to just go out in the yard and pick fruit? In one of our previous houses when the kids were really young, we had two apple trees and one pear/apple combo. My favorite was the combo tree. We had so many apples that I had the fruit dehydrator going non-stop!

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger anne said...

    (very belated) Happy Mother's day!

    If you need any apple-related information, I'm the one to ask. Ask away. I work in post-harvest disease in apple fruit, and I've done a lot of other stuff besides that. My view of apple cultivation is a bit myopic, in that it isn't my life's work, but I work with several people whose life work it is, and I don't mind asking questions.

     
  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Anne- Thanks! I forgot that you're the apple expert. Here's a question: We only have one tree, but our neighbor has about 10 apple trees probably about 100 feet away. We figured ours would do OK with the pollination since there's other trees that close by. Do you agree?

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger Caro said...

    That sounds like an excellent mother's day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home