Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Busy, busy

What I've been up to lately:

**Building: over a year ago we bought one of those massive playground structures from Costco complete with three swings, tire swing, trapeze bar, rock wall, rope ladder, slide, monkey bars, steering wheel and telescope. Oh yeah, I almost forgot the removable chalkboard. The one that is not nailed or screwed down and could (and most likely will be) become a very large weapon if someone gets a bug up their butt. This past weekend we finally finished putting it together. Yippee!

**Shoveling and raking: In order to make the "fall zone" safe for the little ones, we ordered two full loads of pea gravel (16 tons). All 16 tons need to be raked and/or shoveled to cover the entire surface area. My arms basically feel like jelly at this point. But progress is being made. This morning I had the daycare kids filling buckets of gravel and dumping it into the empty spaces. Meanwhile, Jesse and I are filling the wheelbarrow, dragging it (because that was the only way my body would allow), and dumping it. I have a feeling I'm going to be ripped when all this is said and done. Woohoo!

**Partying: Last weekend Nate had his birthday party at a laser tag facility. Needless to say, it was one of the easiest parties we've ever planned. The ride home was the hardest part of all.
2 laser tag missions + 4 teenagers = 1 very stinky vehicle. Windows were down the whole way home. Jesse's party is planned for this Friday. She has been literally begging for a surprise party. I told her that if you keep expecting a surprise party, then there's no surprise. She stopped asking a few weeks ago. Her party will be based around the "campout" theme. I've got a bunch of games planned along with the girls sleeping in the tent all night and a campfire with marshmallows. I'll report later to let you know if anyone runs into our friendly skunk (spotted last night) on their way to go potty.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can we see a picture of the playset when it's done?

    That used to be my favorite thing to ogle in the Sears catalog. That and the EZ Bake ovens. But we all know how that turned out.

     
  • At 9:17 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    EZ bake ovens...those things were pretty fun. I remember making a big flat tray of brownies.

     
  • At 10:03 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Your house sounds so fun!! Maybe the surprise for Jesse's party can be all of us showing up to be part of it. lol

     
  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Suzy - good idea!
    :)

     
  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Liz- I never had an EZ bake or a swingset. I used to ogle the swingsets and the baby doll section with everything under the sun for babies (even, EVEN diapers). Heehee, I guess we know how *that* turned out.

    Bearette- I see your goodie obsession started early. ;)

    Suzy- Come on down! You'll be in the states again anyways, right?

     
  • At 1:53 AM , Blogger Caro said...

    I want to come to the campout party!

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Rox, I'd love to but I'll be in the States in MT and hopefully for less than an hour. That doesn't give me much time to get to Ohio! If only I hadn't gotten rid of my private jet... :P

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Caro- consider yourself invited. :)

    Suzy- If only....

    I hope your trip goes fine without any problems getting back to the other side.

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I loved playing laser tag as a teenager. In fact, I think I would still enjoy it now.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home