Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Now I can breathe

They made it! Safe and sound with no problems whatsoever. Now I can start to enjoy my newfound freedom. Well, after I clean up the aftermath of messy kids so that we have a halfway decent house for the next month.

Onward and upward!

Edited to add: While cleaning up some leftover stuff outside from Jesse's party, I was emptying out the tent (that they never used because there was a SPIDER inside...eek!). Well, let's just say I will be having nightmares about spiders and bugs of all types and sizes for quite some time now. One of the zippered doors had been left open and there were literally dozens of spiders (at least a few were brown recluse), earwigs, crickets, and spider sacks. Yeah, I know. I put on my brave face, armed with a long handled broom and headed in. There was a boatload of pillows, blankets and enormous stuffed animals.....covered in these little buggers. My system was...drag them out one by one and shake everything off trying to not let anything crawl on me in the process. I've still got the heebie jeebies. Shudder.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger This suzy said...

    I hope you and the hubby really enjoy the next month!! ;)

     
  • At 10:59 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Ick! I had a little tent as a kid and it was often a haven for earwigs. My mom and I did sleep out there at least once, though. I think I had a sleepover party in it too.

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Oooo that would really give me the heebie jeebies too!! I'm glad none of the brown recluses got you. That would be REALLY bad.

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Yeah, I think you deserve a special prize for that! Maybe ice cream :)

     
  • At 12:09 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Suzy- Thanks! I'm sure we'll make good use of our time. :)

    Bearette- Yes, ick! Sleepovers are always so much fun. Of course when you're the parent cleaning up the aftermath, it's not always so much fun.

    Ice cream...a must.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home