Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Side splitting entertainment

Ron and I had an actual dinner/movie date last night. And, oh yeah, there was also some shoe shopping in between. Who could argue with that?

Side note: I was having a "shoe crisis" and thankfully it was solved last night. As I've said before, if my feet are not happy, then I'm not happy. And since we will be walking all over NYC for 5 days straight, I've been searching for a couple of weeks (ok, let's be honest, probably since we decided to go) for the perfect pair of comfy shoes to wear with capri pants. I usually just wear sandals since they are comfy, it's summertime so my feet can breathe, and they don't look goofy with short pants. I really didn't want to wear sandals to walk all over the city, even though I have THE MOST COMFORTABLE PAIR OF SANDALS I've ever found. So, I've been searching and searching through every shoe store in sight, even willing to pay FULL PRICE if I found the right ones. I thought I had found the perfect pair of Skechers, until I tried wearing them the other day around the house and they started to hurt my feet. Alert! Alert! Shoe Crisis! Well, last night I finally found a pair that works. And I've finally, kinda sorta, fulfilled a childhood dream of mine. Do you remember the KangaROOS brand shoes? You know the ones with the zippered pocket on the side? The really cool ones that EVERYONE who was someone had? Well, I never had them as a kid and I really, really, really wanted them at the time. No, I didn't buy any even though they had a few different colors to choose from with the zippered pocket and all! But I did get a pair of KangaROOS with a little pocket on the side big enough to fit a quarter in it. No zipper on the pocket, but I don't care. The other part of my shoe crisis was also diverted as I found a pair of cute and comfy sandals to go with my dress I'm bringing for evening wear. You'll never guess where I found them. Walmart! Even though I loathe that store, they have cheap bunny food and they carry the Earth Spirit shoe brand and although some of the styles are a bit frumpy I found a cute pair that my feet love. Yippee! And they go perfectly with my Sarah Jessica Parker dress (as it was dubbed by Ron). Anyhow, back to reality.....

So, the movie we watched was Blades of Glory. It was either that or Disturbia and neither of us were in the mood to be disturbed in that way. I have never laughed so hard in my life in a movie theater. I was crying so much that I wished I had brought in tissues (which I plan for when I'm watching something sappy).




I've promised him that I'll have to do a few spins while walking down the city streets. He requested that I walk over a subway grate as I'm spinning.





These are so freaking comfortable that I forget they have heels. They even have built in cushioning!



The infinitely small pocket is right underneath the little kangaroo on the side.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Yay for comfy shoes! It's funny, I never heard of the kangaroo ones till now.

     
  • At 11:10 PM , Blogger This suzy said...

    Those tennis shoes are incredibly cute! Maybe I'll have to find some... :)

    I also like the sandals and the dress! The dress looks like it would look good but also be comfortable to wear - always a good combo!

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very cute dress! It looks like somthing Lucille Ball would have worn.

    I always wanted the Kangaroos, too. I longed to wear pink ones and keep a quarter stashed in each of the little pockets.

     
  • At 1:18 AM , Blogger Caro said...

    Those brown sandals do look comfy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home