Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Asking for a little help......

So, I'm trying to figure out a Father's Day project for the daycare children. This is my plan so far.


**Paint each child's footprints onto construction paper (we did handprints for the moms)

**Add a cute poem or print the letters D-A-D vertically with a fun or endearing word for each letter


I've searched the interwebs for poems with not much luck. Keep in mind that these are 2-4 year olds. Any ideas??

5 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    I like the footprint one, but I guess a third alternative would be a little watercolor painting of the dad? Or a clay figure of the dad...

     
  • At 6:20 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

    Oh, I read this again and realized you were looking for a poem, not a 3rd option. Maybe Shel Silverstein? Although even that might be too old for them.

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    Bearette- Thanks for the extra ideas. I'll save them for next year. I've got a couple of Shel Silverstein books so I will definitely have to scan them to see if any are appropriate. I completely forgot about him!

     
  • At 11:50 AM , Blogger Caro said...

    No ideas at all, sorry. I am a creative husk. Hee.

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I made handprints for my dad way back in preschool... this was printed underneath (maybe you've seen it before?):

    Sometimes you get discouraged
    Because I am so small
    And always leave my fingerprints
    On furniture and walls
    But every day I'm growing --
    I'll be grown some day
    And all those tiny handprints
    Will surely fade away

    So here's a little handprint
    Just so you can recall
    Exactly how my fingers looked
    When I was very small

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home