Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Cheap movie.....expensive giraffe


The kids had the day off of school today so I decided to bring Jesse to the movie "Dreamer". The one about the little girl (Dakota Fanning) that gets an injured horse to race in the breeder's cup race. It was a pretty good movie and we only had to pay 75 cents per ticket. How cool is that?

Then I took her to the mall to use her $25 gift card for Build-a-Bear workshop. When I got her the gift card for Christmas I figured it would cover most of the purchase. WRONG! Warning: If you plan on entering the build-a-bear shop, you will pay dearly. I did like the miniature Sketchers that they had though. She didn't pick those out although I was trying to steer her towards them. Oh well. I will post a picture of the creature that we went home with as soon as I can pry it out of her hands. Let me just say that we spent more than double of the price of her gift card. And it could have been worse with all of the accessories that they have in that store.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    Roxanne,

    It’s funny I just blogged about build-a-bear too.

    I had heard it was expensive but I didn’t think I’d be dropping almost $150 for 2 stuffed toys. I admit that it was a little more expensive then I thought but when I got there I just fell in love with them… totally cute and quite frankly the recipient of my 2 bears more then deserve them! :)

    My picture’s are already up… can’t wait to see yours!

    mt

    Ps. Thanks for the lovely comment on the crazy bitch from the Transportation office. I’m glad you thought I handled that eloquently… because in my head I was going to town on her ass!! But I guess Karma will have to take care of her for me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home