Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Please don't judge me

I have made a conscience decision to attempt not to judge people. Can this really be done? It almost seems impossible. Especially for me(read earlier posts). Why do I feel like I have the right to judge others for their actions just because they do not coincide with my beliefs? There are plenty of things that others do that I would not think of doing myself. I am usually pretty tolerant of this. I guess it is when someone close to me does things that I do not approve of is when I have trouble not judging. I have to change this. I really don't have any other choice unless I want relationships to be destroyed. It is not that I don't want to change, it is the fact that it is something so ingrained in my thinking that it almost seems an impossible task.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good for you! Maybe you'll always have that intial judgmental reaction inside, but you can reduce the amount of attention you give it...

     
  • At 6:30 PM , Blogger Brie said...

    Nothing's impossible when you put your mind to it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home