Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Am I Doomed?

The following is one of those chain letter emails that shows "proof" that you will have bad, evil luck if you do not follow the instructions to a "T". Well, I never send them along and I don't think anything bad has happened to me yet. BUT THIS ONE HAS ME SCEERED!!! ;) I hope a piano doesn't fall on me today. Or, God forbid, I walk under a ladder while opening up an umbrella inside my house and accidentally break a mirror which causes me to swallow the wad of gum I was chewing. Maybe the fact that I'm "sending" this out to more than 10 people, I will be safe. It DOES state that I'm to EMAIL it to at least 10 people, so we'll have to see. Enjoy!

Read Alone.....

Especially the Poem

I believe whatever God has in store for

us will be for us.

The poem is very true, unfortunately.

Make sure you read the poem!




CASE 1: Kelly Sedey had one wish,

for her boyfriend of three years,

David Marsden, to propose to her.

Then one day when she was out



to lunch David proposed!

She accepted, but then had to leave

because she had a meeting in 20 min.

When she got to her office,

she noticed on her computer she had some e-mail's.

She checked it, the usual stuff



from her friends, but then she saw one

that she had never gotten before.



It was this poem. She simply deleted it

without even reading all of it.



BIG MISTAKE! Later that evening,

she received a phone call from the police

It was about DAVID! He had been in an accident



with an 18 wheeler. He didn't survive!



CASE 2: Take Katie Robinson She received this poem

and being the believer that she was

she sent it to a few of her friends but



didn't have enough e-mail addresses to send out

the full 10 that you must.

Three days later, Katie went to a masquerade ball.



Later that night when she left to get to her car,

she was killed in that spot by a



hit-and-run drunk driver.



CASE 3: Richard S. Willis sent this poem out

within 45 minutes of reading it.

Not even 4 hours later walking along the street

to his new job interview with a really big company,

when he ran into Cynthia Bell,

his secret love for 5 years. Cynthia came up to him



and told him of her passionate crush on him

that she had had for 2 years.

Three days later, he proposed to her and they got married.

Cynthia and Richard are still married

with three children, happy as ever!



This is the poem:

Around the corner I have a friend,

In this great city that has no end,

Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,

And before I know it, a year is gone.

And I never see my old friends face,

For life is a swift and terrible race,

He knows I like him just as well,

As in the days when I rang his bell.

And he rang mine but we were younger then,

And now we are busy, tired men.

Tired of playing a foolish game,

Tired of trying to make a name.

"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim

Just to show that I'm thinking of him."

But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,

And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner, yet miles away,

"Here's a telegram sir," "Jim died today."

And that's what we get and deserve in the end.

Around the corner, a vanished friend.

Remember to always say what you mean.

If you love someone, tell them.

Don't be afraid to express yourself.

Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you.

Because when you decide that it is the right time it might

be too late.

Seize the day. Never have regrets.

And most importantly, stay close to your friends

and family, for they have helped

make you the person that you are today.

You must send this on in 3 hours after reading! the letter

to 10 other people.

If you do this, you will receive unbelievably good luck in love.

The person that you are most attracted to will soon return to you.

If you do not, bad luck will rear its ugly head at you

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

You have read the warnings, seen the cases,

and the consequences.

You MUST send this on or face dreadfully bad luck.

*NOTE*

the more people that you send this to, the better

luck you will have.
! SMILE, even through your tears!!!!!


2 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

    I always find these things so stupid. If you really think about it would mean half the world population would be dying each day. Millions of people receive an email similar to this each day and each day hardly anyone replies.

    Its like the plot out of a horror movie and it does not even follow horror movie logic. Its like the plot out of 'The Ring'. I get annoyed when ever someone sends me one of these emails and look... I'm still alive.

    *Drops down dead*

     
  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    OH NO!!! Stu is dead. I KNEW something bad was going to happen! Next time I am definitely forwarding to every person I've ever known in my entire life.....just to make sure.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home