Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Friday, February 17, 2006

You really can teach an old dog new tricks







Gifts I have received from hubby over the years...............

a sweater for Christmas when we were first going out.....the weird part of this was that my mom and dad got him the same exact sweater (purchased from the men's section). In his defense I will say that it could have been an either/or sweater.....but still.

Christmas again....I was a few months pregnant....he got me tinker toys and colored wooden blocks. My mom took him to the side later and obviously explained that I may want something a little more personal. Next day I get 2 comfy, maternity outfits. Much better.

He usually does pretty good with stocking stuffer gifts........except for the year I received a toilet bowl cleaner. You know the ones that hang on the back of the toilet and turn the water blue. Let's just say I was not thrilled.

This year for Christmas I must have been on Santa's naughty list............cause my stocking was empty and there were no gifts with my name on the tag. Later in the day, hubby offers me a very special gift...............he's going to fix the toilet in the basement....do you see a theme here?


Two days before this Valentine's Day.....hubby says, "Hey, you want a new fridge for V-Day?" Ummmm, no. This is a theme with him too. If there is any large item purchase that we need to make for our household, then that's my birthday/Christmas/ V-Day/ Anniversary present. I think I got the point across this time because he personally chose my gift which was not toilet related or a major appliance.

Here they are...........and I love them..........and I let him know. I think I may wear them every day until I die.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Jasmine said...

    Awww, they are beautiful! I am so glad he wised up this V-day! Yay!

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a nice gift!!

    I was really laughing about the toilet bowl cleaner. Oh dear. But it seems like he's really improved.

    For our first Christmas together when we were dating, my husband gave me a very long (and kinda ugly)sweater that I never would have picked out for myself, and long dangly earrings that matched. I think I wore the ensemble one time. He knows me a lot better now. ;)

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    FINALLY!!!

    I a blog about a husband/boyfriend that did something right on Valentine's Day!!

    Congrats!!

    They are really pretty... way to go hubby!!

    mt

     
  • At 8:00 PM , Blogger Brie said...

    Oh, they are beutiful. That's so cute. Good boy, hubby. Someone deserves to be petted. Lol, I guess he caught on.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home