Under the Quilt

I'm here. You're here. Let's talk amongst ourselves.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Random thoughts

A few random things:

I didn't notice until the last time I talked to my parents on the phone that my dad always ends the conversation calling me "sweetheart". It made me cry when I realized it. I'm 33 years old and it made me feel that same special feeling that I always felt as a girl. Daddy's little sweetheart.

I am one step closer to joining the force of working people once again. WOO freaking HOO! You have no idea how much I need this. I think my hubby has finally gotten the idea that I am about to go insane if I don't start working again.

My lovely, talented, artistic daughter decided that she wants to paint a mural on the wall that hubby is building around our furnace (same wall I've been waiting months for). Even though this will extend the time before I am ready to work, I am pleased that we will have some pleasant artwork to admire daily. Pictures will be posted upon completion. Plans so far: farm scene (hence the name: farm friends daycare). Smartass hubby says, " But there aren't any farm animals." Smartass Roxanne retorts, "Your next project is the barn."

We went to the downtown library today. Partly because we've been planning on checking it out, partly because I've been laying in bed the past 3 days with the flu and needed to get out of the house. It's a 3 story building with tons of books. The only problem is they don't shelve the books like any other library I've been to. I went up to the 3rd floor (taking the stairs instead of the elevator not wanting to be lazy but soon regretting this decision since I'm still extremely weak from the flu....wah wah poor me) I found the section on the shelf that the book SHOULD have been residing only to discover a small sign telling me to go to the first floor. Trudge back down the stairs, still can't find the book and finally had to ask for help (something I hate to do). Turns out they have different categories in non-fiction and fiction. Whatever happened to just having non-fiction numbers 0-gazillion? That's just me.

I'm going to be sleeping with a machine, till death do us part. Hubby goes back to the sleep clinic this next week to get his machine for sleep apnea. Oh joy! He gets to sleep more restfully and I get to stare at the ceiling wondering how do you cuddle up to someone wearing machinery.

That's all.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 AM , Blogger mtcutie said...

    Roxanne,

    That’s amazing that your dad still makes you feel like that. I only knew mine for the first 6 years of my life and he wasn’t even able to make me feel like his little girl even then. .. soo please cherish that gift he gave you… not everyone else gets to feel it!

    Congrats on joining the workforce. What will you be doing?

    Your daughter is a painter too? Awesome… I can’t wait for the after shot! Did you take a before shot too? So we can sit back and marvel at the difference when it’s done?

    Your library sounds a little annoying. Ok a lot annoying! This is why I buy books. I pick what I want online; order it and BAM it’s at my doorstep in a few days.

    Sleeping with machinery is sexy… it’s in this year!! lol

    mt

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Roxanne said...

    MT,

    I am getting ready to start my family daycare again. That's what I've been waiting months and months for my hubby to do. Build a wall around the furnace and water heater and put up a hospital curtain around the basement toilet. Thanks for the before and after pix idea. Will do!

    roxanne

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home